So in a bid to find inspiration, I decided I would do aninterview series with some of my favourite bloggers and who better to startwith that Shope and Shore Delano of London’s closet.
The stylish pair of twins are 17; but don’t be fooled bytheir age these girls can definitely hold their own when it comes to pullingsome simply stylish outfits. What I love about them is their down-to-earth-nessand their gleaming smiles of course!
So I had to interview them both and see how these twinsalways put together some amazing kick ass outfits.
So firstly, as I’vementioned you guys have amazing style but where do you guys draw yourinspiration from mostly and what in particular inspires you?
Shope: Tumblr and Pinterest of course! I’d say a good 60% of myinspiration comes from those social media sites. The other 40% is reading otherblogs, I literally gain so much inspiration from other blogs. I’m always printscreening outfits (I’m a stalker haha) and thinking of how I can recreate them.
Shore: I think shop windows inspire me, even though itsounds odd. I love seeing how the outfits are put together on the mannequins!
I love shop windows, I think I actually subconsciouslyget most of my inspiration from there. Who would you say are your style icons?
Shope: Miley Cyrus is amazing at the moment. AngelicaBlick, and Whitney Port as well.
Shore: It has to be AshleyMadekwe and Rochelle Wiseman, I literally love everything they wear. Theyalways look effortless yet gorgeous!
What would you sayare 3 items that every girl must have in their wardrobe?
Shope: Apair of classic high waisted jeans, I absolutely live in my American ApparelEasy Jeans. Secondly, a slouchy black tee. Thirdly, probably a staple pair ofblack ankle boots.
Shore: A good pair of jeans, aloose plain tee and a pair of flatforms.
I’m definitely withyou on the easy jean and flatforms! So where are your 3 favourite places toshop?
Shope: It’sso hard to pick 3! Probably eBay, H&M and Zara/Monki (Sorry, I couldn’tchoose!)
Shore: Primark, Republic, H & M and Zara (Sorrycouldn’t choose!)
Of course I have toask the quintessential question, heels or flats?
Shope: Ilove wearing heels, mainly because they make my legs look longer and slimmer!The only really high heels I wear are my JC lita’s, but I also love a smallerchunky heel on ankle boots. If wearing heels was always practical, I’ddefinitely be wearing them every day.
Shore: Oo, tough one I really dolove flats, but I love a pair of killer heels!
As we can see youguys have quite different styles what would you say is the other twinssignature piece?
Shope: Good question! Definitely her blue River Island jeans – she bought them after herTopshop ones ripped, and she is always wearing them in different ways! I’museless with styling up jeans, I hardly ever wear them.
Shore:Riding pants definitely
So with different styles, are you guysquite different in other aspects of life too?
Shope: Hmm, I’m a lot more sensitive than her, haha. I’m notparticularly emotional or anything, but for example, I care a lot about whatpeople think about me (probably too much!), and Shore just doesn’t care, haha.
Shore: I would say we are quitesimilar in most aspects of life with regards to academics and interests. But Ido enjoy playing netball (unlike Shope!) and I am quite outspoken.
On a different note,what’s your favourite thing about living in London?
Shope: Oh,tough question. Probably the shopping, as so many other countries miss out onso much as the shops aren’t over there. Also, the diversity, so much to do, somany different people, I love it!
Shore: I love London so much, itwould be hard to choose one thing! It’s probably the fashion, in London you getto see a wide range of different styles and get inspiration from so manydifferent places. I also love the fact that there is always something going onin London!
I wish I lived inLondon! I always think music and fashion are closely related. What’s currentlyon repeat on your ipod?
Shope: AzealiaBanks’ new album, oh I literally absolutely love it. Not to mention a ton ofold Kate Nash stuff.
Shore: Legally blonde themusical (Loved the musical) and Beyonce of course.
Lastly, what is yourfailproof secret to putting together a killer outfit?
Shope: Alwaystry things together, which in your head look ridiculous! I always do that, andShore’s always walking into my room like “What the hell are you wearing!”, butsometimes I end up with an outfit I love! Also, having a flick through Tumblrprior to getting dressed is something I do quite a lot.
Shore: Probably to say that lessis more, I’ve had too many experiences of completely overdoing my outfits! So Iwould say before you go out always see how your outfit looks without the extrabracelet per say, or anything else that you think makes your outfit a bit toomuch.