Sunday 12 July 2015

Personal Style | Do You Dare to Don the Culotte?

Whistles Culottes Cropped Trousers, Topshop Cami, Zara Shoes



Whistles Culottes Cropped Trousers, Topshop Cami, Zara Shoes

Whistles Culottes Cropped Trousers, Topshop Cami, Zara Shoes

Culottes: Whistles
Top: Topshop
Sandals & Handbag: Zara
Sunglasses: Asos

I wore this outfit to one of my closest friend's graduation ceremony. I decided to pair these Whistles culottes with a basic cropped cami and some barely there sandals, so that it was summery but still kind of smart. I then topped off the whole look with MAC's Diva. I prefer to wear Diva during the day because I feel like Ruby Woo is just a little to loud for me during the day.

After 3 weeks of lusting over these Whistles culottes, I finally purchased these babies. They were quite pricey but I'd been searching for a pair of culottes forever. If you remember, I bought a pair of culottes from Topshop earlier this year, however they were just not structured enough for my liking and I ended up selling them. This Whistles pair, however, are such a perfect mix of structured and fluid plus they fit like a dream. I normally really struggle with trousers, especially the more tailored ones, but these are so well made which probably explains why I was quite willing to pay a little bit more for them.

What do you guys think of the culottes trend?

Martha xo

4 comments:

  1. They are such a statement piece whilst also being able to style for everyday, love it!

    NJCDesigns

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't dare bc I think I am way to tall for that thing to look good on me

    www.caetera-moda.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I think they'd look particularly lovely on you because you're tall! You should definitely give them a try, maybe with a longer, structured top.
      Martha xo

      Delete

I really love hearing your thoughts, so drop me a comment! :)

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign