Monday 16 September 2013

House Of Oshae SS14 Show + Outfit: Tartan Treat

Werk it!
If you follow me on Instagram or Twitter You would know that I was lucky enough to win a competition to go to the House of Oshae SS14 fashion show on Sunday. It was an off schedule show held in East London's Rag Factory, just off the famous Brick Lane.


This show was House Of Oshae's first season and I think that designer Jhaniel Smith, who founded House Of Oshae in 2011, created a highly wearable but still edgy and unique collection. During the show, my Camera unfortunately was playing up so I didn't get any photos during the show, but the models came out at the end and I managed to capture these few looks. 


I loved the assymetric crop tops with slashed backs and the gorgeous turquoise key print fabric which was a motif of the show. I also loved the bare faces with pops of bright orange lipstick. The make up really was flawless. Of course any collection that heavily features hot pink is a winner in my book.


I also really liked the white ankle socks on black shoes, whilst a simple touch it's an idea that never occured to me. Jhaniel's shoes (the heels in the middle) are fabulous as well!

 Jhaniel Smith and Her two daughters posing with the models.



I wore my favourite River Island mesh booties (which I hastily changed into outside the show). 




I wanted to give a nod to the AW13 punk trend with this Forever 21 Tartan midi and TK Maxx leather jacket, which I paired down with my Primark crop Top. Had to wrap up my hair cos it's looking janky, it really needs redoing. 



Special mention to my Cousin for taking these photos, as you can see he got a bit into it and started playing with angles. 

Martha xo
Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign